Leisure facilities company Wonderla Holidays announced Q1FY24 results:
- Highest ever quarterly Revenue, EBITDA, PBT, and PAT since inception.
- Bangalore Park recorded 4.69 lakh footfalls, Kochi Park recorded 3.19 lakh footfalls and Hyderabad Park recorded 3.14 lakh footfalls.
- Double-digit revenue growth across units, driven by robust footfall numbers.
- Park revenue was up by 23% compared to Q1FY23 and recorded ARPU of Rs 1,626.
- Resort Revenue was up by 10% compared to Q1FY23
- Footfalls for Q1FY24, were 11.02 lakh, as against 11.18 lakh during Q1FY23.
- Gross revenue for Q1FY24 was Rs 190.27 crore, marking a 25% growth compared to Rs 152.30 crore in Q1FY23.
- EBITDA for Q1FY24, was Rs 122.50 crore, marking a 30% growth compared to Rs 94.20 crore achieved in Q1FY23.
- Profit after tax for Q1FY24, was Rs 84.47 crore, marking a 31% growth compared to Rs 64.38 crore achieved in Q1FY23.
Commenting on the performance during the quarter, Arun K Chittilappilly, Managing Director, said, “With an accumulated footfall of 11.02 lakh in the first quarter of FY 2023 and gross revenue amounting to Rs 190.27 crore, Wonderla's performance speaks volumes about its resilience and commitment to delivering unparalleled entertainment experiences. Since our parks were already operating at capacity during Q1FY23, our efforts focused on enhancing ticket prices, boosting non-ticket revenue, and attracting a larger share of retail footfall. Our primary focus was on cultivating higher-spending retail customers as opposed to groups. The consistent growth, along with record-breaking financial achievements, positions us for a promising business outlook. The company's relentless dedication to innovation, quality, and customer satisfaction sets the stage for further expansion and success in the quarters to come. Our solid financials and the ability to adapt to changing market dynamics make us a formidable contender in the amusement and entertainment sector.”