Vodafone Idea to raise ~Rs.14500 crore
Telecom Services company Vodafone Idea announced Q1FY24 results:
- Revenue up 1.2% QoQ to Rs 106.6 billion supported by improving subscriber mix and 4G subscriber additions
- ARPU for Q1FY24 stands at Rs 139 vs Rs 135 in Q4FY23 (QoQ growth of 2.9%)
- 4G subscriber base increased to 122.9 million vs 122.6 million in Q4FY23
- Launched ‘Vi One’, a converged offering bundling mobility, fiber, and over-the-top (OTT) subscriptions under a single plan; an industry first for the prepaid market
- Continued network capacity expansion supported by spectrum refarming and network upgrade
- Vi offered the best voice quality as per TRAI “MyCall” App data for 28 out of 32 months between November 2020 and June 2023
- EBITDA for the quarter stood at Rs 41.6 billion and EBITDA margins were at 39%.
- Capex spending for Q1FY24 stood at Rs 4.5 billion.
- The total gross debt (excluding lease liabilities and including interest accrued but not due) as of June 30, 2023, stood at Rs 2,117.6 billion comprising deferred spectrum payment obligations of Rs 1,337.4 billion and AGR liability of Rs 668.6 billion that are due to the Government, debt from banks and financial institutions of Rs 95 billion and Optionally Convertible Debentures amounting to Rs 16.6 billion.
- With cash & cash equivalents of Rs 2.5 billion, the net debt stood at Rs 2,115.1 billion.
- The debt from banks and financial institutions has been reduced by Rs 57 billion during the last one year (Rs 152 billion in Q1FY23).
Akshaya Moondra, CEO, Vodafone Idea, said,
“The eighth consecutive quarter of growth in average daily revenue, ARPU and 4G subscribers, clearly reflects our ability to effectively operate and compete in the market. Recently, we launched ‘Vi One’, a converged offering bundling mobility, broadband & content under a single plan bringing convenience and value to the consumers; an industry first in prepaid space. We remain engaged with our lenders for further debt fundraising as well as with other parties for equity or equity-linked fundraising, to make required investments for network expansion, including 5G rollout.”