May 23, 2022 04:01 PM
|No data found|
Orient Green Power Company Ltd is a leading Indian independent renewable energy-based power generation company focused on developing, owning and operating a diversified portfolio of renewable energy power plants. The company is the largest independent operator and developer of renewable energy power plants in India based on aggregate installed capacity. Their portfolio includes biomass, biogas, wind energy and small hydroelectric projects at various stages of development. The company has grown their business by acquiring operating and development renewable energy assets from third parties and by developing greenfield projects. They are having a diverse customer base with a mixture of off-take arrangements. Their customers include SEBs, distribution companies, private commercial and industrial consumers and a power trading company. The company is also one of the top two independent operators and developers of wind farms in India based on aggregate installed capacity. The wind energy business focuses on the development and operation of wind farms in India, Europe and South Asia. They are currently operating wind farms are located in the states of Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh. The company sells power from certain of their wind energy projects to private power consumers seeking to supplement state power supplies for captive purposes pursuant to short-term PPAs in states where such sales are permitted, such as Tamil Nadu. They also sell some of the power from their Indian wind energy projects to SEBs pursuant to long-term PPAs which are generally approximately 20 years in length. Orient Green Power Company Ltd was incorporated on December 6, 2006 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. In April 2008, the company acquired Amrit Environmental Technologies Pvt Ltd. In November 2008, the company had raised $55 million from Olympus Capital Holdings Asia, Bessemer Venture Partners and Shriram EPC Ltd for setting up wind, bio-mass, small hydel and bio-gas power projects. In December 28, 2008, the company acquired Shriram Powergen Ltd by way of share purchase agreement. In January 25, 2010, the company acquired 50.25 % of shares of Bharath Wind Farm Ltd. In January 29, 2010, the acquired the remaining 49.75% of shares of Bharath Wind Farm Ltd by way of gift from Orient Green Power Pte. Ltd, Singapore. As of July 31, 2010, the company`s total portfolio of operating projects included 213.03 MW of aggregate installed capacity, which comprised 172.53 MW of wind energy projects and 40.5 MW of biomass projects. Their portfolio of committed and development projects included approximately 836.5 MW of prospective capacity, which comprised an estimated 643.0 MW of wind energy projects, 178.5 MW of biomass projects and a 15.0 MW small hydroelectric project. In August 2010, the company entered into a joint venture with Japan-based Nishi-Nippon Environment Energy Co Inc, and formed Orient Eco Energy Ltd to set up a 7.5 MW poultry litter based power generation project in Namakkal district of Tamil Nadu. The company is in the process of acquiring 3.64 MW of additional wind capacity from a third party. They are expanding their presence of wind farms in Tamil Nadu and developing projects in other locations in India, including the states of Gujarat and Maharashtra, and also internationally, including in Sri Lanka, Croatia, the Czech Republic and Hungary. They are planning to expand into overseas market with an investment of Rs 1500 crore. The company is co-developing a 15.0 MW mini-hydroelectric power project in Orissa through their 51% ownership in a joint venture company. They are also planning to set up 622 MW wind energy projects and 178.5 MW of biomass projects. The new 75 MW biomass projects are coming up in Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Rajasthan, Punjab and Tamil Nadu. They are also evaluating opportunities in solar and other renewable sources including waste-to-energy. On January 25, 2010, the company acquired 50.25 % of shares of Bharath Wind Farm Limited and on January 29, 2010, the remaning 49.75% of shares of Bharath Wind Farm Limited were acquired by the company by way of gift from Orient Green Power Pte. Limited, Singapore During 2011, the company achieved renewable energy capacity of 300 MW. The company through its wholly owned subsidiary Godrej Buildcon Private Limited signed a Development Agreement with JET AIRWAYS (INDIA) LIMITED during the same year, In 2015, the company completed successful Synchronization of 20MW cogeneration plant.
|AGM Date (Month)||:||Sep|
|Face Value Equity Shares||:||10|
|Market Lot Equity Shares||:||1|
|Book Closure Date (Month)||:||Sep|