Q1FY23 Quarterly Result Announced for Indian Hotels Company Ltd.
Indian Hotels Company announced Q1FY23 results:
- Revenue of Rs 1,293 crores in Q1FY23, an increase of 250% over Q1FY22
- EBITDA of Rs 405 crores in Q1FY23 – a swing of Rs 528 crores from Q1FY22
- PAT of Rs 170 crores in Q1 FY23
- All brands displayed growth and key metro cities such as Mumbai, New Delhi and Bengaluru showcased RevPAR levels exceeding that of Q1FY20
- IHCL generated free cash flow in each month of the first quarter and remains net cash positive.
Commenting on the Q1 performance Mr. Puneet Chhatwal, Managing Director & CEO, IHCL said, “IHCL has reported its best first quarter in the company’s history. This performance has been boosted by a surge in demand across markets and segments, with both, occupancy and rates exceeding pre-COVID levels. This has resulted in a milestone EBITDA Margin of 31.3%, which is an improvement of 1140 bps over Q1 FY 2019-20. In line with our vision of Ahvaan 2025, IHCL will continue on its trajectory of delivering responsible profitable growth.”
Q1FY23 Quarterly Result Announced for Prataap Snacks Ltd.
Prataap Snacks announced Q1FY23 results:
- Revenue of Rs. 3,825.7 million, registering growth of 37% yoy
- Operating EBITDA of Rs. (19.5) million, translating to a margin of (0.5)%
- PAT stood at Rs. (113.9) million
- EPS (Diluted) stood at Rs. (4.86) per share
Commenting on the Q1 FY23 performance, Mr. Amit Kumat – MD, Prataap Snacks Limited said. “We are pleased to start FY23 on a strong note with robust revenue growth of 37% YoY in the first quarter. This has been driven by a steady uptick in consumption as well as the calibrated expansion in our distribution network. After two challenging years, this year starts with a more steady local backdrop characterised by the normalisation of activity levels and demand across our retail touchpoints.
Operationally, the sharp inflation in the prices of key raw materials especially palm oil have exerted significant pressure on profitability. Our continued efforts of cost optimization, gradual implementation of the direct distribution model, better price realisation and grammage rationalization helped restrict the impact on our margins. These process improvements and structural changes undertaken, have positioned us towards an elevated margin profile, once we revert towards a normalised raw material environment.
In recent weeks, there has been a reversal in commodity prices from the unusually elevated levels witnessed during Q1. This will favourably impact the economics of our business enabling us to improve margins and overall profitability. Combined with the strong sales momentum being witnessed, the outlook is favourable in terms of sustained growth as well as improved profitability. We are striving to build on this further in the quarters ahead.”
Q1FY23 Quarterly Result Announced for Samvardhana Motherson International Ltd.
Auto parts company Samvardhana Motherson International announced Q1FY23 results:
- Quarterly revenues of Rs. 17,615 crores
- Quarterly EBITDA of Rs 1,151 crores, margin of 6.5%
- Quarterly PAT of Rs 141 crores
Commenting on the results, Mr. Vivek Chaand Sehgal, Chairman, Motherson said, “The market demand remains strong, however, due to various supply chain constraints including chip shortages, production volumes of OEMs continued to fluctuate. The passenger car sales have shown improving trend from April to June. This quarter’s results are to be seen in the backdrop of continued high inflation, elevated freight, energy costs etc. Our teams are engaged with customers to align with them on the unusual inflationary pressures faced by the industry and the new macro environment, it’s work in progress.
In order to create a better world for future generations and in line with our customers’ expectations, we are setting the ambitious goal of becoming Carbon Net Zero across our current global operations by 2040.”
Q1FY23 Quarterly Result Announced for Bharti Airtel Ltd.
Telecom company Bharti Airtel announced Q1FY23 results:
- Overall customer base stands at ~497 million across 16 countries
- Total revenues at Rs 32,805 crore, up 22.2% YoY
- EBITDA at Rs 16,604 crore, up 25.9% YoY; EBITDA margin at 50.6%, expansion of 150 bps YoY
- EBIT at Rs 7,813 crore, up 43.7% YoY; EBIT margin at 23.8%, expansion of 357 bps YoY
- Net Income (before exceptional items) for Q1’23 at Rs 1,517 crore
- Net income (after exceptional items) for Q1’23 at Rs 1,607 crore
- Total Capex spend for the quarter of Rs 6,398 crore
- India revenue at Rs 23,319 crore, up 23.8% YoY
- EBITDA margin at 51.0%, up 170 bps YoY. EBIT margin at 19.6%, up 424 bps YoY
- Customer base stands at ~ 362 million
- Capex spend for the quarter of Rs 5,288 crore
- Revenue (in constant currency) up 15.3% YoY, EBITDA margin at 48.8%, up 54 bps YoY, EBIT margin at 33.7%, up 173 bps YoY
- Customer base stands at 131.6 million
- Capex spend for the quarter of Rs 1,088 crore
In a statement, Gopal Vittal, MD and CEO, said: “This has been another solid quarter. We continue to deliver strong and sustained growth at 4.5% sequentially. EBITDA margins are now at 50.6%. Our enterprise and homes business has strong momentum and delivered strong double digit growth, improving the diversity of the overall portfolio. Airtel’s strategy of winning with quality customers continues to yield good results with an industry beating ARPU at Rs 183.
As India gets ready to launch 5G, we are well positioned to raise the bar on innovation. We are also confident of meeting the emerging needs of discerning customers looking for speed, coverage and latency. Our astute spectrum strategy over the last few years as we bolstered mid band spectrum is designed to deliver the best experience at the lowest total cost of ownership.”
Q1FY23 Quarterly Result Announced for Rainbow Childrens Medicare Ltd.
Rainbow Childrens Medicare announced Q1FY23 results:
- The revenues for Q1FY23 stood at Rs.2371.52 million, when compared to Rs. 2,463.57 million in Q1FY22
- The operating EBIDTA for Q1FY23 was Rs. 820.91 million, which is a growth of 5% compared to Rs. 782.64 million in Q1FY22
- PAT for Q1FY23 was Rs. 387.61 million, which is a growth of 8% compared to Rs. 358.80 million in Q1FY22.
Commenting on the performance for Q1 FY2023 Dr. Ramesh Kancharla, Chairman & Managing Director, Rainbow Children’s Medicare Limited (RCML) said, “We have witnessed business normalising to pre-COVID levels with all the operating parameters demonstrating healthy growth compared to previous quarters, with schools having reopened across the country and children returning to near normal life. We expect healthy growth across our pediatric super specialty services as we are witnessing strong demand for these services across the hospitals.
The OMR, Chennai spoke hospital is expected to commence operations in the current quarter and all other projects under execution are progressing well and are expected to commence operations within the stated timelines.
The revenues for Q1FY23 stood at Rs. 2371.52 million, when compared to Rs. 2,463.57 million in Q1FY22. However, adjusting for the COVID vaccine revenue of 440 mn in Q1FY22, the revenue for Q1FY23 has grown at 17% compared to the revenue in Q1FY22. The operating EBIDTA for Q1FY23 was Rs. 820.91 million, which is a growth of 5% compared to Rs. 782.64 million in Q1FY22 and the PAT for Q1FY23 was Rs. 387.61 million, which is a growth of 8% compared to Rs. 358.80 million in Q1FY22. With focus on pediatric super-specialties and quaternary care, we are building a powerful ecosystem backed by neonatal and pediatric intensive care services. As our network of hospitals expands we shall be in a better position to serve a larger patient pool, addressing the strong underlying requirement for children focused quality hospitals in the country.”