How to Apply for Upcoming IPO and How to Check it's Allotment Status
As an IPO investor, you need to track and apply to invest in the right upcoming IPO to capitalize on the opportunities. Let's look at what you need to know to apply for an upcoming IPO and the steps involved to check its allotment status.
How to invest in an upcoming IPO
Before you apply for an IPO, you need to:
- Pick a brokerage. Open a brokerage account that can allow you to trade stocks, ETFs, and manage your portfolio on the move. Choose a top online broker that offers you a suite of features, exceptional customer service, award-winning research and highly rated analytical tools to get you started.
- Know exactly the number of shares you want. Based on your financial goals and the amount of money you're looking to invest, decide the number of shares you wish to purchase.
How to apply for upcoming IPO
To start applying for IPO stocks, you need to file an online app your application form offered by your stockbroker. Leading and reputed stockbrokers provide UPI-based online applications. Banks, however, offer both UPI-based as well as Applications Supported by Blocked Amount (ASBA)IPO applications. To apply for an upcoming IPO online through your broker, here's how you can go about it:
- Visit your brokerage website
- Log into your brokerage account
- Click onto IPO
- Select the IPO you are interested in investing and click on it
- Enter the required details and click submit
- Enter the UPI ID
- Confirm your order
- You will receive a mandate in your bank enabled app through which you have applied for the IPO
- Confirm the mandate to apply for the IPO successfully.
How to check the IPO allotment status
Now that you've applied for the IPO, you will need to check the IPO allotment status. You can do so by visiting the registrar of the company's official website. On entering the website, you will have to provide details as mentioned in the allotment status section. These include the IPO name, your PAN number and Depository Participant [DP] client ID.
- Login at www.bseindia.com/investors/appli_check.aspx
- Select the IPO
- Enter your application number
- Enter your PAN
- Click on the 'I'm not a robot'
- Click the submit button
On following the above details, you will be able to see your IPO allotment status.
You can also check your IPO allotment status on https://linkintime.co.in/. Here’s how to go about it:
- Click on the link - https://linkintime.co.in/
- Click on Public Issues
- Select the company
- Enter either one of the following details as requested on the link: PAN Number; App. No.; DP/Client ID; Bank Account No / IFSC
- Click on submit
- View the IPO allotments status
The advantage of investing in an upcoming IPO is the benefit you receive of choosing a potentially under-priced stock in its initial stages and before brokerages assume significant stock positions. ICICI Direct makes it easy for you to apply in upcoming IPOs. After investing, follow the steps mentioned above to track your IPO allotment status.
ICICI Securities Ltd.( I-Sec). Registered office of I-Sec is at ICICI Securities Ltd. - ICICI Centre, H. T. Parekh Marg, Churchgate, Mumbai - 400020, India, Tel No : 022 - 2288 2460, 022 - 2288 2470. Please note, IPO related services are not Exchange traded products and I-Sec is acting as a distributor to solicit these products. All disputes with respect to the distribution activity, would not have access to Exchange investor redressal forum or Arbitration mechanism. The contents herein above shall not be considered as an invitation or persuasion to trade or invest. I-Sec and affiliates accept no liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of any actions taken in reliance thereon. Investments in securities market are subject to market risks, read all the related documents carefully before investing. The contents herein mentioned are solely for informational and educational purpose.