- An Intial Public Offering or IPO is when equity shares of a company are offered to the public on the open market i.e. the stock market for the first time.
- The company going public raises capital and funds by trading IPO shares.
- During the IPO trading, a fraction of shares are reserved for different type of investors including individual investors, Qualified Institutional Buyers and High Net worth Individuals. The IPO is either a Fixed Price Issue or Book Built Issue.
Macleods Pharmaceuticals Ltd IPO
- The company engages in developing, manufacturing and marketing a wide range of formulations including anti-infectives, cardiovascular, anti-diabetic, dermatology, and hormone treatment.
- Were the 7th largest in the Indian pharmaceutical market(IPM) by domestic sales for the six months ended September 30,2021
- As per the DRHP, the issue consists of an OFS of upto 6.04 crore equity shares